Keystrokes Typing, Transcription and Editing Service, (Hereinafter Keystrokes Typing), provides services on the following terms and conditions:
1. The acceptance of a quote or submission of work or payment shall be deemed as confirmation of having read and agreed to these Terms and Conditions.
2. Keystrokes Typing reserves the right to update or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice. Keystrokes Typing makes all reasonable efforts to inform existing clients of any changes to these Terms and Conditions; however clients are advised that it is their responsibility to check these Terms and Conditions for any changes, prior to accepting quotes or submitting payments for services.
3. Keystrokes Typing reserves the right to alter or amend charges and services offered. Any alterations or amendments to charges and services offered will take immediate effect for new clients or new contracts of services for existing clients but shall not affect work undertaken before or during the alterations and amendments.
4. Should unforeseen circumstances arise which will prevent work carried out by Keystrokes Typing being completed on time, affected clients will be notified as soon as possible of the delay and advised of the reason for the delay and the likely time scale of the delay.
5. Keystrokes Typing shall, where work is suspended or cancelled by a client, be entitled to retain, invoice or receive payment for work to the extent of completion at the time of such suspension or cancellation.
6. Clients are encouraged to use our secure sendthisfile file transfer service (available free on our file upload page) where they do not have appropriate alternative file transfer plans in place. All emails, documents and files submitted will be scanned for viruses. Any email, document or file that appears suspect will not be opened and will automatically be deleted.
7. Keystrokes Typing reserves the right to update or amend any quote whenever a client alters or amends order. Additional payments required to cover the extra work will be notified and billed normally in accordance with client orders.
8. Except where a contrary indication is made, printing and postage will be billed to client.
9. Printing costs are based on actual cost incurred and are payable on final invoice.
10. Postage costs are based on the actual price incurred for the posting method selected by clients. Keystrokes Typing usually post documents by recorded delivery. Clients who require their documents via courier services must specify this and pay upfront for that expense.
11. A deposit of up to 50% may be requested, depending on the nature and value of work, and thereafter, payment will be made in advance for each segment of completed work.
12. All postage will be at the client’s risk and no liability is incurred or accepted under any circumstances. All outward postage will be by recorded mail unless otherwise requested in writing.
13. Keystrokes Typing will not be used in furtherance of crime or breaches of U.K laws. We reserve the right to decline any work that is in breach of U.K laws at any time this comes to light. Keystrokes Typing further reserves the right to decline work where the commission content would be considered morally offensive.
14. Keystrokes Typing services and website shall not be used maliciously, in particular through the upload of offensive, abusive, criminal or unlawful material, the hijacking, defacement and/or misuse of its website and its components. The appropriate authorities shall be notified in such event and we will press for prosecution for any malicious or unlawful use.
15. The website, Logo and Content of Keystrokes Typing is the sole property of Keystrokes Typing and shall not be copied, distributed in any manner and shall not be stored in any retrieval system by any other parties except with valid written permission.
16. Keystrokes Typing takes its responsibilities for data security very seriously and every reasonable care is taken to ensure client data is protected during the use of the website and services. We use secure data transmission and payment systems and destroy documents securely upon completion of contract.
17. Keystrokes Typing undertakes to ensure complete client confidentiality in its work. Client Data shall not be shared with third parties for marketing or other purposes except where lawfully obliged to do so on the lawful orders of relevant authorities.
18. Work will be kept in our database for up to 3 months after completion. During this time, free electronic copies can be made available to client upon written request. After this time, work will be securely deleted in line with our confidentiality policies
19. Scottish law shall govern any disputes arising out of any work undertaken. Scottish jurisdiction shall be the primary jurisdiction for dispute resolution or determination.
20. A maximum of 5 working days from receipt of final copy (10 working days for manuscripts) is allowed to query or ask for minor changes. After this period, any further requests will be charged at the normal rate.
No further substantial or new work shall be undertaken under this proviso
Keystrokes Typing endeavours to ensure that work carried out is to the highest standard, fulfils instructions and is completed on time. However accuracy, presentation and completion time of any finished document is dependent upon issue of clear unequivocal instructions in the first instance. Any amendments or changes implemented as work carries on may affect delivery time and document integrity.